“Nothing gives a person inner wholeness and peace like a distinct understanding of where they are going” | Thomas Oppong
“What’s Your Why?” I hear this a lot lately…especially in the healthy and wellness world!
When I began my studies with The Dr. Sears Health and Wellness Institute, I think this was actually one of the first assignment essays we were asked to write…”What’s Your Why?” … and why do you want to be a healthy and wellness coach. Hmmm…. That’s easy…or so I thought! As most of us would probably say…My family is my BIG WHY… and these adorable grands picture here truly make my world go round! As I began my research, I quickly learned how important this question was and why it is so important that we ALL need to find the reason to actually get out of bed each day.
Let’s find your “WHY”! I think you will be very surprised, as I was, to learn how important this is for our overall well being.
The Major Benefits of Knowing Your “WHY”..
- It improves clarity in your life
- It infuses you with passion for your goals
- It keeps you focused on your goals
- It helps you live healthier and longer
- It helps you develop resilience
- It allows you to live a life with integrity
How To Find Your “WHY”
- Identify the things you can do to make others lives better
- Think back to the activities you did that made you forget about the passage of time
- Recall what you liked to do when you were a kid
- Think about the things you are willing to do even if you look like a fool.
- Observe what people ask of you when they come to you for help
- Imagine what you would be doing if you learned that you only had a year left to live
- Enumerate the things for which you would be willing to go the extra mile
- If you were given the chance to teach others (e.g. young people) what would you teach them
- What task at work would you do for free if you didn’t need the paycheck
- What’s usually the reason people thank you
- If you were given a chance to do something that you love and not worry about the paycheck, what would that be
- What is the happiest memory of your childhood
Here’s My “WHY”…
- MY FAMILY!!!
- HEALTH COACHING www.simplynourishbymartha.com
- ARTIST www.marthacasenemerart.com
- COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER
WHAT’S YOUR’S??? I am always here to help you find your way! Click over to my coaching page on this website to see all the ways we can work together. There’s always a FREE 20 minute consultation session…just to see if we are a good fit!
Sources: “Find Your Why”…Simon Oliver Sinek & “What’s Is Your Why”…developgoodhabits.com